Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Blue Mountain Sled Dog Race!

Its Official. I have gone off the deep end.

So last year I started thinking while running dogs.... sometimes its a wonderful thing. Since my role in the dog sledding community has changed over the years to just recreational instead of competitive racer, I wanted to give back to my racing friends. I started attending the local snowmobile club monthly meetings. It was way more interesting then I thought it would. So of course by the end of the season I was elected as a board member. So I am now the secretary of Blue Mountatin Snowdusters! It was a shaky first few months since there have been a lot of board member changes but I did work up the courage to proposed a sled dog race on the club trails. Well. They liked the idea, a lot. SO we are in the planning stages of the Blue Mountain Sled Dog Race! It will be held February 18, 2018 at the Grantham Recreational Fields. We have to formalize a few things but it town approved and we have permission from the neighboring club, Blow Me Down Snowriders, and of course the landowners Bardo Farm. It will be a mid distance race and within the next few weeks I will putting together an entry form so Stay Tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment